[3830] ARRL 160 N4CW M/S HP

n4cw at aol.com n4cw at aol.com
Sun Dec 8 09:26:47 EST 2002

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW, KO7X
Station: N4CW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: N4CW

Total:  QSOs = 648  Sections = 71  Countries = 10  Total Score = 108,054

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Due to a severe ice storm, contest operation was modified. Started the contest
with IC-706 MkIIG and laptop on battery power; lighting was provided by a
kerosene lamp. Power was restored two hours after contest started, but I was
away at my neighbor's, thawing out! Returned and switched over to MP and amp.
On Saturday, KO7X came by. His home was without power and prospects for it were
slim to none! Thus, we had him and his XYL stay with us for the night, and I
"shanghai'd" him into operating a while -- first M/S effort from this QTH!
It was a fun contest, what little I operated. Glad to see so many participate.
73, Bert N4CW