[3830] ARRL 160 K2KW(@K6ZM) Single Op LP

k2kw at prodigy.net k2kw at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 8 09:28:48 EST 2002

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: K6ZM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EB

Total:  QSOs = 250  Sections = 59  Countries = 2  Total Score = 29,205

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000D + 1/4 wave sloper on 70' tower from the K6ZM Memorial Club Station
Also used N1MM Logger software

Just got on near the beginning for a few hours to hand out a few QSOs.  I was
suprised on how well the sloper was getting out - worked almost everything I
heard.  For the first few hours, I was mostly hearing stations out to the first
skip zone (CO), but around 0440z, it was like a light switch came on, and the
east coast was loud and all over the band.  I even had a nice pileup of W1's &
2's for a while.

ZF2NT, FM5GU, and P40TA were the only DX (P40TA was weak).  Also nice to work
Mike, KH6ND.

CU in the ARRL 10m from N6BT's QTH.

Kenny K2KW