[3830] TBDC NB1B(W1KM) Single Op HP

nb1b at attbi.com nb1b at attbi.com
Sun Dec 29 09:01:00 EST 2002

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: NB1B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN 41

Total:  QSOs = 310  Total Score = 1,321

Condx were a mixed bag.  Some strong Europeans- DF2PY and RN6BN notably- but no
ZS, KH, or 4X this year.  Signals were strong one minute, faded to nothing, then
came back.  Europe was there, then gone, then back.  From 2300-0000, 6 Euros,
then only one more until 0300 when I worked 11, then no big numbers until
0600-0700 when I worked 14!  DF2PY was an honest 59+20 on a scotch beverage!

DX Worked: G, GU, GM, FM, KV4, PY, S5, 9A, DL, PA, OH, SP, UA2, RA, HA, HB9, ON,
LY, and OK (44 Euro, 0 Africa, 0 Asia, 0 Oceania, 1 So Amer).

Heard, not worked: ZS, YO
Never Heard: KH6, VK, 4X, OZ, I, F

Best Ears: S58A- regardless of how his signal is, one over and he as the info.

I made my yearly contribution to the Stew Perry- I provided a big signal so that
all the QRP stations had someone to work!

Thanks to those that pointed out the "buzz" on my signal.  I finally figured out
what it was (RF in the shack using the SW leg of the 4-square).

CU next year.

Dennis NB1B