[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH SOAB LP

w6ph at arrl.net w6ph at arrl.net
Thu Feb 28 05:14:50 EST 2002

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda

  160:    305     50
   80:    459     55
   40:    571     55
   20:    729     58
   15:    656     56
   10:    383     53
----------------------
Total:   3103    327  =  3,044,043

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  TS930S w/Piexx board  100 watts
Antenna:  Cushcraft AV-5 5 band trap vertical (80-10)
          Inverted L - up 25 ft, out 110 ft laying on roof (160)

Another great contest from the VP9GE QTH in Hamilton Parish.  I worked
48 stations on 6 bands:

AA1QD  K2RD   K8CC   N0IJ   W0AIH  W2VJN
K0RF   K2UA   K8GL   N3RS   W1HR   W3LPL
K1DG   K3LR   K8LX   N4RV   W1WAI  W3PP
K1IR   K4GKD  K9NS   N4TO   W1WEF  W5KFT
K1KI   K4JA   KC1XX  N4TZ   W1ZK   W7/DL3OI
K1PT   K4NNN  KF2O   N6RFM  W2FU   W9RE
K1RX   K5GO   KQ3F   N8AA   W2RE   WO4O
K1TTT  K8AZ   N0DY   VE5ZX  W2UP   WT1T

Highlights:
 The results on 160 working to the west coast with a simple antenna.
 A vertical rules if you are near salt water!

Lowlights:
 Too close to the east coast on ten meters resulting in a low qso count
    on that band.
 Very slow rate when Europe is open to W/VE.

Great contest.  My entire station weighs about 65 pounds.  I can get
that weight down even more by using an IC706, but the TS930S is still
a better radio.