[3830] ARRLDX SSB AD4L(@N4AF) SOSB/15 HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Mar 4 12:04:08 EST 2002

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AD4L
Operator(s): AD4L
Station: N4AF

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: North Am

   15: 1196   118
Total: 1196   118  Total Score = 423,384

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Howie Hoyt N4AF for the use of his station and all the hospitality.

Last year I had strings of 100+ hours from the morning runs with my old home
station (4el at 46', 3el @ 45', 2el @ 72'). This year I couldn't get much going at
all. It was extremely frustrating to fall hundreds of Qs short of last year when
my expectations were for a big improvement and the station capabilities were so
much better (during the Euro sunrise opening Sunday morning 4O6A said he'd
scanned the bands and I was loudest and 10db louder than W3LPL. I can only
presume 'LPL was aimed some other direction for some reason, hi, but it was
encouraging).  Anyway, I just gutted it out and did the best I could.

M2 4el @ 85' (rotated from JA to Carib headings), KT34XA @ 85' (full 360
degrees), 3/4wl wire with lobes to SA, EU, JA, ZL.
TS850, LK500 @ 1200 watts, CT9