[3830] CQWW CW VK4AN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 20:48:20 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4AN
Operator(s): VK4AN
Station: VK4AN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Maryborough QLD

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   37    15       24
   40:  336    27       65
   20:  380    32      100
   15:  259    31       61
   10:  534    28       65

Did my personal best using a modest station... IC746, SB-220, 3-el tribander at
14m, HF2V on metal roof.  Used N1MM software...nice, except for some minor
'glitches' which cost me some valuable time.  Conditions were excellent.
Enjoyed working EU on 80-m early the second morning. My deep thanks to the XYL
for her support and keeping me fed and refreshed. Could have worked a lot more
stations, but they just didn't point to, or listen for, the VK/ZL's.  Greatest
'thrill' was being called by 5X1X and 5U5Z. Greatest disappointment was not
getting through the pileups for some 'popular' stations! See you all next year
(God willing!)  Am 62, so these marathon 48-hr contests are starting to get
harder to sustain!