[3830] CQWW CW W1CW(@W1YL) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 3 08:26:18 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1CW
Operator(s): K1KNQ, K4LW, K4OJ, N4BP, N4GI, N4KM, W1FJ, W1YL, W4IX, W4SAA, WC4E, WK2G, JAYLYN & TERESA
Station: W1YL

Class: M/M HP
QTH: FL

  160:   99    15       33
   80:  399    23       83
   40: 1035    34      117
   20: 1566    39      142
   15: 1336    36      133
   10: 1270    34      113

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This effort was a tribute to my father, W1CW, who passed away just before CQWW
CW last year.  Several months ago my mother, W1YL and I fel tthis would be a
fitting tribute to my father - a member of the CQ DX Hall of Fame.

Many contributed to the success of this effort. Most of the feedlines at the
station had gone bad and needed replacing, lightning and time had taken their
toll - several weekend work parties brought the station back up to speed thanks
to the efforts of what can only be called friends. Gear, time and effort were
loaned by many and it would not have been possible without each and every one of
them. Thank you.

Thanks to all who worked us, we think we might just do this MM thing again... it
was fun!

73,

Jim, K4OJ
Team W1CW