[3830] CQWW CW TK9A(S51TA) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 3 08:40:54 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TK9A
Operator(s): S51TA
Station: TK5EP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ajaccio

  160:  171     7       47
   80:  799    18       70
   40:  798    19       73
   20: 1198    26       93
   15:  861    28       92
   10: 1332    30       86

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Ou, how can I start....anyway mni and VY tnx to Patrick, Tk5EP who makes my
dreams make come true to operate from TK and to his kids afcourse.
I must not forget on TK1BI who helped much with disasembling ( what was still
stanting after huricane!!:) )-read further.

SO many problems like never B4 in my ham radio history....
I was totaly ready to go on wednestday afternoon....with two times 3el
tribanders, 402BA, and dipoles for 1st radio, for 2nd radio separate dipoles and
vertical for 20/15/10.
But both towers with 3el tribanders was crashed by the very heavy wind and rain
on thurstday afternoon, so I just managed to put up again only one tribander on
abt 4-5m above ground.
Because this happened I did not sleep from 7 o clock in the morning on friday
till the contest and I really died one hour b4 the contest end...I could not
listen anythink anymore so I just went to bed, in the morning it was
disasembling day and yesterday the day to come home.

Anyway I was totaly down and went into contest without any eager because of all
what happened.

But the problems did not finished yet! It was rainy and windy all the time so
few minutes b4 contest heavy wind somehow moved the position of the linear
but coould listen fine, so I lost 1st hour rushing in and out and
thinking...then I tune it with active ( amp ) tuner and it pushed some mili
Watts out.....

Propagations seems very fine specially 40 and 80 on which I had huge pileup of
US like never B4.

2nd radio did not make much of the qsos because  I had only vertical for high
bands and it was on the other side of the hill so could not hear much, but was
usefull for low bands.... so I just tuned the 1st radio on freq where something
was happening and check but most of the times the result of this action was
having new mult but lost run freq.!

On Sunday was very tired and I did not use 2nd radio much...

With the plan I had and with none Murhpy visits I can not even imagine how much
more could I done if rested afcourse!

It was fun and I hope I will have the oportunity to make it again!

cu next one,

Ted, s51ta

P.S: My new call for my summer and winter:) house at 9A is 9A1TA so cu in ARRL
CW and SSB from there!