[3830] ARRL 10 W5EKF SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 18:57:42 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5EKF
Operator(s): W5EKF
Station: W5EKF

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: La

   CW:  635    92
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  635    92  Total Score = 234,048

100 WATTS  DIPOLE

My second try at 10M contest in as many years.
More Q's than last year, but fewer mult.
I gave up after about an hour and a half Friday night, I think this was a
mistake. QRT Saturday at 1700 for other obligations. I turned the rig on about
2230 just to see if there was anything there, and surprise, surprise. Saturday
night was pretty good. Not great, but stady until 01:30 CST when I turned in to
be up at dawn Sunday. That was a mistake too. Things didn't get rolling untill
about 10 AM. The bad thing is with the way propagation is these lessons won't be
usefull next year, but I'll be there to make different mistakes. Hopefully with
proper antennas.