[3830] ARRL 10 W4IX SO SSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 19:07:28 EST 2003

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: FL

   CW:
  SSB: 1469   134
-------------------
Total: 1469   134  Total Score = 393,692

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Whew..I think I broke my own record on manual CQ's in a contest...The TS-830S
worked flawless at 100 watts...the footswitch was another story, glad theyre
cheap. Had the TB6EM at 50 feet and the 5 element monobander at 60 feet, 90
degrees out of phase from the tribander, had both antennas connected to a manual
switch, this allowed me to switch back and forth between the two antennas and
cover more directions to pull out the weak ones. Saturday was alright..had some
good runs to Europe, but not long...but always seemed to pick up a new mult now
and then, spent almost 90% of my time running, but my short periods of S&Ping
always produced some nice mults..I know it was fate but I think I was finding
some of the better mults just before the Packet Mobs hit judging by the low # I
rcvd from them. Had some nice ones call in including A61AJ and SU9NC. Q's by
day: Fiday - 76Q's Satuday - 1038Q's Sunday - 355 Q's. Had some nice storms roll
by on Sunday...yes Dan, believe it or not, the TB6 at 50 feet had lower rain
static than the 5 ele at 60 feet. Still was frustrating, lasted at least 6
hours..but only turned the rig off for about 5 minutes after some close
lightning strikes...Overall was a fun contest, but I still need MORE POWER and
at least VOX or a DVK...73's and CU all from J7 in ARRL CW.. Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year. I will be sending some pictures of my station and antennas to
K1TO to post on FCG page..Check em out... John  W4 Italy Xray