[3830] ARRLDX CW W2VJN SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 17 12:44:30 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2VJN
Operator(s): W2VJN
Station: W2VJN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OREGON

Total: 1458   331  Total Score = 1,444,815

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

14 stations were worked on 6 bands, including 5 JAs and D4B.  Lots of 5 watt
stations worked.  JA1OKT/M with 5 watts was worked on 160 meters!!  We had a
rare Europe opening in the evening on 80.  A few were worked LP in the AM, also.
 10 was very poor here in the PNW.  I could hear ops in AZ and CA working Euros
which just didnt make it to here.  I hate to admit it, but at 70 I am sleeping
more during contests, sometimes right at the keyboard.

George