[3830] RTTY Roundup K7BV Single Op HP

K7BV@aol.com K7BV@aol.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:24:19 -0800

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7BV
Operator(s): K7BV
Station: K7BV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT

Total:  664  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 67  Total Score = 74,368

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

In over 40 years of hamming, these were my first-ever RTTY contacts, therefore
obviously this was my first RTTY contest. Wow - what fun!

I found RTTY contesting quite relaxing compared to SSB and CW. However, that
does not mean that it did not include the excitement - there was plenty of that.
Being a transplanted K7 to the East Coast in its provided hours of smiles
watching those DX callers roll across the screen...including some goodies like
A45WD.

My decision to operate came only 24 hours before the contest. Therefore, I
downloaded WriteLog and MMRTTY to begin the discover process of those two
programs - no easy task for a plug & play computer guy like me. A msg to the
WriteLog reflector was sent with a plea for help that was answered by AA5AU,
K7AR, and W6IHG. Thanks to these people, I managed to actually get on the air a
couple hours after the contest started. Trust me, learning to operate RTTY, use
WriteLog and contest all at the same time is challenging.

I approached the contest with a definite eye on having a fun time and got my
just reward - lots of fun. Unfortunately, Mother Nature and the XYL had plans
for a lot of my time so I did not get to do a serious effort this time...but
look out next time! Thank you all for your patience, my friends...de K7BV/1