[3830] BARTG Sprint SV1XV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 07:33:51 EST 2003

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: SV1XV
Operator(s): SV1XV
Station: SV1XV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KM18UA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   22   22
   40:   98   98
   20:   73   73
   15:  154  154
   10:   24   24
-----------------
Total:  371  371  Mults = 67  Total Score = 149,142

Hi everybody,

I had to be at work on Saturday so I missed the first four
hours of the contest, with the chance for many QSOs with
USA and Canada on 21 and 28 MHz. 28 MHz was a disappointment,
propagation was good and some multipliers were found only
on Ten, but the QSO rate was not good. Best bands were
7 and 21 MHz, followed by 14 MHz. 3.5 MHz was not very
good, although I had a new one. The period from 00:30 to
05:30z (02:30 - 06:30 local) had very little activity.
Solar Flux was 129, but K was only 1-2, which could not
justify the bad propagation to Asia on 7.

At some point in the contest, I was called by Olda OK1YM
(ex J41YM) but I was unable to reply at the moment and
did not find him afterwards.

Multipliers: W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W8, W9, W0, VE1, VE2,
             VE3, JA1, JA3, JA6, VK4

DXCC countries: 4J, 4X, 5B4, A4, AP, JA, JY, UA9, UN, VK,
             VK, YB, ZL, W, VE, CX, PY, 9A, CT, DL, EA,
             EI, ER, EU, F, G, GW, GM, GU, GI, HA, HB, I,
             LX, LY, OH, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, RA, SM, SP,
             SV, UR, YL, YO, YU, EA9, FR5.

Station setup:
   IC-706MkII & MFJ-971 coupler
   Vertical antenna (40-10 m)