[3830] CQ160 CW 9A6C Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 22:52:15 EST 2003

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 9A6C
Operator(s): 9A6C
Station: 9A6C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Split

Total:  QSOs = 330  State/Prov = 5  Countries = 51  Total Score = 96,992

Rig:  Ts930s barefoot
Ante: Half-sloper fed at 9 m agl

Highlites: being called by K3ZO, W4SO and A61AR
Lowlites: being too old and having no decent antenna for serious competition.

First, I wanted to compete all the way. No matter the relatively low antenna for
top band, I did OK enough on the first nite (285 q, 51 mpl). But instead of
getting a decent sleep before the Night 2, I slept for 2 hours only, and crashed
after three hours of operating (I believe two of them were totally
unproductive). I felt bad because conditions were fine and I managed to work
some DX with my humble setup. W1FJ was the strongest USA on my S meter, but the

"Best Ears Award" goes to all who heard my tiny signal and responded with
report. It doesn't matter much now, but I tried to break CT3FN pile-up on
several band tours, but it just wouldn't crack.

I hope these lines will encourage someone with lowsy antenna like mine to
participate next year, have fun and share it with us all.

73 Gogo 9A6C