[3830] ARRLDX SSB N8II SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 04:01:47 EST 2003

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     5
Total: 1068   296  Total Score = 947,496

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A disrupted effort between clearing snow, backed up sewer, and exhaustion. No
low band Q's first nite, worked about 50% of time Sat Eu run til 1530Z, then
things started to return to normal. MUF was low, 20M wide open to Eu early Sat
AM, 15M slow to open, then favored S Eu, 10M mostly only scatter path to Eu, but
picked up a few mults. Condx improved dramatically Sat. PM with very good polar
openings, JW5E was very loud on 15M, NL7 with 150W to 160M loop was S9+50db on
20M, and JA's finally hit good signal strength on 10M after starting weak,
amazed to hear any after AM. Sunday was better, but condx still depressed to N
Eu, very few Russians on 20/15 M. 10M finally opened well to S and central Eu
late Sunday AM, and I had a good Eu run for 90 minutes. Even in last hour there
was plenty of "fresh meat" on 20/15M to keep it interesting. It was no surprise
to me that condx were fair to poor, the bands have been "el stinko" much of the
time lately.