[3830] Rus DX MW5EPA SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 16 06:24:29 EST 2003

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: MW5EPA
Operator(s): MW5EPA
Station: MW5EPA

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Blaina

Total:  777    0  Total Score = 1,410,266

Club:

Team:

Comments:

First go at anything in quite a while, been busy ( getting divorced etc.. ).
Not quite the full effort as have to go Hiking today but very enjoyable even
with such a limited station. Propagation was not good on the higher bands all
weekend but the sheer amount of Support for this contest made up for it ( & it's
increasing every year ). Only one problem I had was the terrible static noise
bursts caused by mig welding in the garage next door throughout the day which
was very frustrating. It was extremely difficult to get some of the calls
through.
Thanks to the people that stuck with me as I tried in vain to battle with the
noise.

Special Thanks to the two lids that followed me around 40M & SSTV'd over the top
of my CQs & for the huge variety of "Tuners" who made my time on the lower bands
very good practice for WPX.

=Station= ( in a box - attic shack is 6ft x 10ft x 5ft high )
TS850 + Acom PA / FT920 , Antennas all vertical 80 - 10 , nothing for 160 ;-(
, writelog