[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 11:44:33 EDT 2003

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

---------------------

Team: Dead Lizards Cant Send CW

Comments:

After two straight sprints of power failures, brain lockups and other
stumbles, I managed to get out of the gate this time and just kept
going.  I put a little note card up in front of my face to tell me
what to do -- and I needed it!

Was quite surprised to see my wire antennas on 40/80 doing very well
in the pileups.  The bands were in great shape, and there was a ton
of activity.  Amazed to get such big numbers from people I only worked
on one band or didn't even realize were active.

Ran out of mental gas towards the end and started tuning the wrong knob.
Was transmitting in QSO with N6TW when I tuned the radio away.  Sorry, Larry.
Other screwups included calling AG9A by his wrong name just before the
contest.  Duh.

I learn something new about TR-log every time I run one of these things.
By the year 2015 I will finally have it mastered.

Congrats to N2NT, W4PA (what, no Styx concert last night?  :-)) and of course
Mr. Fisher on the big totals.

  - Pat
    N9RV