[3830] Rus DX 4U1ITU(F6IRF) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 22 02:37:59 EST 2004

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: 4U1ITU
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: 4U1ITU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Geneva - ITU HQ

  160:   85  18+25
   80:  311  43+42
   40:  516  54+50
   20:  513  63+45
   15:  395  58+41
   10:   19   7+18
-------------------
Total: 1839    456  Total Score = 5,508,936

Club: IARC

Team:

Comments:

Ten-Tec omni6 with Ten-Tenc SSPA (400W full-QSK)
Writelog 10.42
Fritzel FB53 + 4el monobanders on 10 and 15m
2 el cushcraft on 40m
Nearly horizontal dipoles for 80 and 160m
Notes: all antennas 6 to 8m above the terrasse of the old 5-storeys ITU building
in a urban noisy environment. The building being NE/SW, the 80/160 dipoles are
pointing NW/SE (not the best for the Russian stations).

Station photos and much more at http://life.itu.int/radioclub/

Soapbox: First serious full-time attempt for me in this interesting contest and
also my first SO from the club station.
Very good start, with the 1000Q's mark passed at 21:00z. Unfortunately the move
to 3.5 marked the beginning of the desert crossing. Was expecting the good
rhythm to be back with the sun, but unfortunately I never managed to get the
rate over 50 for the last 8 hours: the 15m, in very bad shape, opened very late,
 and the 10m remained almost dead with the exception of a few middle-east
stations (fortunately had wkd a few oblasts on 10 in the first 30mn).
Anyway a very good experience, with an exciting first half...

73's Patrick - F6IRF
(during the WPX-phone the station will be activated by Ivan OM3CGN)

PS: to the EA7 station who called me more than 10 times on 40 with various
callsigns and asked about 20 times for the QSL info: QSL via LOTW (preferred) -
Bureau - or Direct to IARC, P.O.Box 6, CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland (as per
club rules, pse no QSL to my homecall). All other means should be avoided
(especialy the I-station who claims to be the official QSL-manager).