[3830] Makrothen RTTY G3OOK SO/Single Xcvr HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 14 12:28:53 EDT 2004

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: G3OOK
Operator(s): JOHN
Station: G3OOK

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: Norfolk
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  97  Total Score = 477,934

RIG - Ten-Tec Omni VI Xcvr + KW1000 Linear at 250 watts output.
ANT - Inverted Vee Doublet 80m long up 16m.
I was restricted for time so I only operated on 20/15/10m for part of the last
session but I enjoyed it. Band condx were fair on 20 & 15 but only 2 stations
were heard on 10m despite frequent checks.
I hope to play a bigger part in the Makrothen Contest next year as I like the
idea of three operating periods with breaks - yep, age is definitely catching up
on me!!