[3830] PaQP K8MR/3 Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 15 17:45:48 EDT 2004

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: K8MR/3
Operator(s): K8MR, W8DRZ
Station: K8MR/3

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 14 Counties

  160:    0      0
   80:  158      0
   40:  254     12
   20:  102      4
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      3
--------------------
Total:  518     19  Mults = 93  Total Score = 88,166.0

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

By County:
      CW   SSB
ARM   66    3
INN   66    9
CMB   54    0
SOM   41    0
BED   64    7
BLA   38    0
HUN   16    0
CEN   14    0
CLE   41    0
JEF   34    0
CLA   26    0
BUT    1    0
VEN   20    0
MER   33    0

Again this year we combined a mobile and a rover operation on one trip.  Unlike
last year, when we used one call and sorted out later, this year we used a
separate call, W3DAN, for the rover part.  So the K8MR/3 was all mobile.

We did just one day, as my daughter was home from college on a long weekend
visit, and so I wanted to spend some time with her.  It turns out to have been a
good decision, as my partner and driver W8DRZ was quite tired from a week of
long days at work.  Two days on the road would have been difficult.

Conditions were good during the day, but once 40 went long after dark it left
just 80 cw as a usable band, which was OK but limited us to just one crack at
working people.

The score listed does not count a few W3UU qsos (I was impressed with the
perseverance of the 20M CW op who stuck with it to work me from Blair county!),
and does count a few county line qsos twice.

73  -  Jim   K8MR