[3830] ARRL 160 CW VE3XD SOLP

Don Cassel doncassel at rogers.com
Sun Dec 4 12:36:09 EST 2005

ARRL 160M Contest

 Call: VE3XD
 Class: Low Power
 QTH: ON

 QSOs:        426
 Sections:    63
 DX:           4
 ------------
 Total Score = 57,888

 Club: Contest Club Ontario

Mark-V & Alpha-Delta DX-B sloper

Over double my previous scores in this one. Installing the DX-B this year
made all of the difference although I was a little disappointed that DX was
not as plentiful as in the CQWW CW on 160. Also a first was to work Canada
from NL to BC but did not work MB or YT. Also worked the west coast states
but only EB in W6. I felt like the DX-B was getting out very well even
though it is a minimal antenna for 160 although I was hearing S8 noise
levels all weekend. It sure beats trying to tune up an R5 vertical as I've
done in previous years.

Don VE3XD