[3830] TBDC K9GY(@W3LPL) Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 16:30:09 EST 2005

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: W3LPL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM19

Total:  QSOs = 516  Total Score = 2,649

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A big thank you to Frank and XYL for letting me invade the shack.
The contest was a great lift to my spirits.

Best DX was S9SS 19 pts.
18 pts: UU4JMG, RV6YZ/6
17 pts: RW4PL, UR6QA
16 pts: YZ7A, UX5NQ, RL3A, UA3TCJ, RU3DX, KH6/N6KB

Had 107 QSOs that were 10 or more points.

I thought it was strange the beverage selection knob didn't seem to
matter for direction. Well...at about 0730z I actually looked around
some more and found a box on the right side of the table labeled
"Bev / Xmit antenna"...So I get the dork award for that one! Glad the
band was quite. Ended up not using the beverages for almost 10 hrs of
the contest, ugh! Someday I won't make any mistakes in a contest, yeah right!

Had a fun competition with Jerry KE9I. Too funny being able to talk on
cell phones while in the contest! Thought for a moment that I might
not get a QSO from him...now that would be funny. Ended up catching him
CQing early in the morning. Looks like the 600 or so miles helped me out
in points but Jerry won the QSO total competition. Jerry got me hooked
on Stew Perry when he invited me over for a M/O years ago. Thanks Jerry!

Hour      160    Cumm

D1-2100Z  36/0     36/0
D1-2200Z  88/0    124/0
D1-2300Z  63/0    187/0
D2-0000Z  45/0    232/0
D2-0100Z  36/0    268/0
D2-0200Z  42/0    310/0
D2-0300Z  34/0    344/0
D2-0400Z  30/0    374/0
D2-0500Z  37/0    411/0
D2-0600Z  27/0    438/0
D2-0700Z  23/0    461/0
D2-0800Z   4/0    465/0
D2-0900Z  13/0    478/0
D2-1000Z  10/0    488/0
D2-1100Z  16/0    504/0
D2-1200Z  12/0    516/0

My tour with Uncle Sam is wrapping up this Spring.
Back to the blackhole of the midwest for me soon, UGH!

Best of health to all
and Happy Holidays,
Eric