[3830] RAC Winter VE3MIS M/S LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 16:34:09 EST 2005

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3MIS
Operator(s): VE3IMG VE3XAP VE3MA VA3BLJ
Station: VE3MIS

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Mississauga

  160:    1      0       1         0
   80:   18     32       7         8
   40:   35     38       9         7
   20:  147    181       8        10
   15:   20     15       4         4
   10:    0      1       0         1
Total:  221    267      29        30  Total Score = 177,590

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First contest at our new club station location. Start of contest slow, as upper
bands were dead. Couldn't load up on 160m and problems loading on 80m. Suspect
this to be close proximity of Alpha Delta antenna to building roof. Lots of RFI
problems as Club Station located located on second floor right under antennas.
Spent time during the contest trying to fix related problems. We have our work
cut out for us for the next contest. Looks like the new owner of the building (a
Ham Operator) will let us put up virtually anything we want. All we need now is
more money! Glad to have the Mississauga Amateur Radio Club station back in
action after a 2.5 year absence!