[3830] CQ160 SSB XE1RCS Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 27 21:29:07 EST 2005

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: XE1RCS
Operator(s): XE1ME XE1JG XE1YJY XE1VIC XE1MM XE1KK
Station: XE1RCS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Zumpango, Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 23:51

Total:  QSOs = 873  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 45  Total Score = 482,658

Club: Radio Club Satelite

Comments:

Our 10th year doing this contest. Again we had a lot of fun an quesadillas
thanks to Mr. Victor Mazutti and family owners of the ranch La Purisima, 40
miles north of Mexico City, where we operated once again.  They are the best
teammates we can have.

This year our chief engineer XE1JG installed an 8-beverage system with a triple
one for EU and a double one to VK-ZL, but the new addition was a ¼ wave vertical
antenna elevated with a balloon pashed with our ¼ wave tower (both 64 ¼ wave
radials on wet soil).  The balloon proves to be effective only for a short time
due to unusually high winds (up to 50 kms/hr) that finally bow it… twice!
XE1JG, XE1ME (chief coordinator) and XE1YJY are already planning what to do to
solve this problem next year.

Conditions were very good and provided contacts with all the US States except
for Vermont (as usual), all Canadian provinces bordering the US (VE4 was our
last contact!) and many countries in NA, SA and EU and the usual ones in AF… no
VKs except a report on the cluster.

We heard Europe early the first night and worked many stations later on, but
miss most of the European opening the second night to some beverage antenna
problem caused by the blown balloon (90 minutes off the air).   Again we contact
our good friends at UU7J always an exiting moment… even that we are always
fighting for the best Multi-Op score!

XE1MM/JA8EFY joined the team, provide many contacts with JA accent and help
XE1VIC and XE1KK to take longer rests.  Domo Masa san!

See you next year!