[3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 9 04:22:34 EST 2005

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Total:  905   238  Total Score = 215,390

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #1

Comments:

The January CW NAQP remains one of my most favorite contests,
regardless of conditions.  The mult moving is incredibly fun.

Lowlights:
The ring rotator was stuck, and I think I missed some mults on
the high bands as a result.  Very sorry to hear about N9RV and
our other friends under the ice storms. Took one half hour off
time in the afternoon, then went straight until 04:30z.  Never
id that before. I've struggled with off time selection every NAQP.

CU2JT had the best DX signals by far.  RTTY QRM from the Roundup
was not as bad as expected.  Had some real fine SO2R moments --
was interleaving band QSOs at 144 QSO/hour.  High bands died early.
Some operators need to learn to properly QSL a QSO.  If you just
take off without at least a "TU" I can't log it for sure.
N6TR has fabulous pileup timing!  The bands went long pretty early.
I hope it was a good idea to stay in the chair while the rate lasted.
Nice to be called by some old friends and great ops.

Station repairs before the contest included the ring rotator
(unsuccessful), two Beverage antennas, radials for the 40m
vertical (not used), replaced A/B switch in stack swap lash-up,
new meter lamp for right IC-765, S-Meter calibration for the
right IC-765, and WM-1 wattmeter calibration.  Hopefully the
ring rotator will be functional by the ARRL DX CW contest.

GO TCG!

73 and thanks for the QSOs and especially the QSY efforts!

-Kirk  K4RO