[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K4BAI LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 29 09:41:24 EDT 2005

                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-29)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0        0
   80:   0        0
   40:  22        ?
   20:  27        ?
---------------------
Total:  49     Mults = 9  Total Score = 441

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), 100 watts output, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole.

Set up NA wrong.  When tried to enter the first QSO, there weren't enough fields
for the info.  Didn't realize what I had done wrong for about ten minutes, so I
logged the entire contest on paper and sent CW using the MFJ grandmaster keyer
and Kent paddle that I use every day.  Guess it didn't hurt too much, since I
equalled my previous high QSO total for the NS.  But the multiplier total was
way down, and the most important factor in this short contest is the multiplier
total.  That is very hard to control as it is mostly luck that you work or do
not work a multiplier.  I did plan to get N4OGW by calling CQ on 40 M up from
where he was working someone, knowing that he would have to QSY and thereby got
one mult by planning.  I did hear three that I didn't work (MD, SD, TN), but
thought the total mults available this week seemed considerably down from last
week when I worked 14 and heard three others.  A lot of new stations showed up,
particularly from CA and TX.  Welcome!  Especially to Rusty, W6OAT, whose signal
was head and shoulders stronger than most of the other 6 stations on both 40 and
20 here.  20 was stronger this week than last and 40 was long, but OK for TX,
OH, MA, and the west coast.  We had some QRN on 40, but it wasn't as bad as I
had feared it would be.

Thanks for the QSOs.  Please look for KU8E, Jeff, and me this weekend.  We will
leave here Friday afternoon our time and drive across GA signing K4BAI/M
primarily on the CW CHN net frequencies of 14056.5, 10114, and 7039.  We hope to
be QRV from Jekyll Island GA as KU8E in the IOTA contest this weekend M/S.  If
things are slow, we will drive down to Amelia Island, FL and sign the SECC club
call W4AN from there.  We will be going back across GA a different route in
order to cover different counties Sunday afternoon as K4BAI/M.  We will also
probably work some in the QRP Flight of the Bumblebees contest Sunday afternoon
17-21Z near the QRP frequencies 14060, 7040, and 21060.  Hope to work a lot of
you several times this weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.