[3830] WPX SSB 6Y6Y(WA4PGM) SOSB20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 31 20:23:26 EST 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 6Y6Y
Operator(s): WA4PGM
Station: 6Y6Y

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs): <3

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Although this wasn't a big effort I had a wonderful time in Jamaica. I decided
to take advantage of this trip to see some of the island and meet the local
group of hams during a Field Day event in Montego Bay. Thanks to 6Y5GC George
for chauffeuring us around the island and allowing me to stay as his house. Big
THANKS to Donald 6Y5TR who picked up my 6Y6Y license and drove them to Montego
Bay from Kingston! Thanks to Colin 6Y5CR and his wonderful family for allowing
me to visit their house and showing me places most tourist never get the chance.
Thanks to 6Y5BB Brandy for taking me to the airport for my departure, my plane
was delayed 1.5 hour at MBJ and 1 hour in Charlotte making it a very long day.
Also thanks to Wayne 6Y5RV who was dive instructor at Doctor's Cave Beach. I
didn't realize he was a ham until after we came up from our dive and he asked
why I was in Jamaica. Fianlly THANKS to 6Y1V for everything during my stay I had
an AWESOME TRIP! It was great to finally meet your family. I also met the
following hams: 6Y5IC, 6Y5RB, 6Y5CI, 6Y5NW, 6Y5AW, 6Y5NS, 6Y5WZ, WA2ELO/6Y5.
Jamacians are very nice people and I'm looking forward to my next trip.
Yah Mon!
Kyle