[3830] WPX CW WX3B M/M HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 29 22:01:37 EDT 2005

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N3ST, K3LNT, WZ3AR
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

OPERATORS: WX3B  N3ST  K3LNT  WZ3AR AND K3LNT/DAD

This was a great evening that lasted from 8:00pm
until about 1:30am.  N3ST was running 20 meters
and logged 300 QSOs in his 5 hours of operation.

It was my first time meeting Nat, WZ3AR who was
sizing up WX3B for a field day (home) station.

Was also the first CW contest at WX3B for Michael,
K3LNT (new PVRC Member).  Michael is 16 years
old and did GREAT copying CW.  By the end of
the evening he was running stations by himself
on 80 meter CW.   We all have high hopes that
MIchael will become a great CW enthusiast
in the future.

Saturday and Sunday were staffed on and off
by WX3B for another few hundred QSOs.

Thanks to everyone for a great time, and thanks
to Bob (Michael's Dad) for providing transportation.

73,

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B