[3830] SS CW K6SU(K6UFO) SO Unlimited HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 15 23:22:34 EST 2005

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6SU
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday call K6SU, operator K6UFO, at station W6YX.
455 QSOs by 76 mults = 69,160
Missed Mults: NNY, ND, NL, QC.
High power - Yaesu FT-1000MP and Alpha 78.
Antennas: The usual W6YX features: Monobanders everywhere up to 40m, 80m has
a four-square, inverted vee and beverage receiving wires.
Op time: 11 hrs.

My Saturday operation shared the bands and antennas with the W6YX station.
We have done this shared operation for three years now, and have figured
out how to get along. At the start of the contest, the CW rapid-fire guys
were out in force, and I had to correct some variants on my call K6SU. I
think there are too many dits together in a "6" followed by an "S".
Otherwise, I felt my speed and rate were okay, but not terrific and I fell
short of my goal of 500 QSOs on Saturday. The rate plummetted just before
midnight, so I saved the log, swapped out the radios, and setup for the Sunday

operation in that chair by N7MH. Then I went home for a few hours rest before
my Sunday operation. Thanks to the W6YX ops (K6OWL and KJ9U) for sharing the
station!