[3830] LP Sprint N6WG QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 2 00:50:23 EST 2006

                    Low Power CW Sprint

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4 hrs

   80:  17        1
   40:  30     1.25
   20:  32     1.75
---------------------
Total:  79     Mults = 24  Total Score = 1,896

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first run at the Low Power Sprint, so I don't know
whether I should be disappointed or not.  I certainly didn't feel
like there was a lot of activity, compared to the regular NCJ
Sprints.  I'll have to leave it to others who have been here a
few times to tell me whether traffic was lighter than usual.
My first hour was far and away my best, with 30 Qs on 20m.  Then
the rate dropped in half for the remaining three hours--16, 18
and 14 Qs for a total of 79 and only 24 mults.  Not a good return
on the time invested :-)
I felt that propagation was ok, but not exciting.  I was working
east coast stations, but there didn't seem to be many of them.
Oh well, it was fun and good practice.  I certainly needed it.
Hope to see everyone in the May WPX cw contest.
Thanks for the Qs.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude