[3830] EU Sprint CW DL6RAI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 9 03:44:08 EDT 2006

                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: DL6RAI
Operator(s): DL6RAI
Station: DL6RAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

   80:   72       1h
   40:   77  1h 21\'
   20:   78  1h 39\'
---------------------
Total:  227   Total Score = 227

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

For me the Sprints usually start slow and the pace of the contest
improves toward the end of the contest. This one was no exception.
20 started slow as usual and due to back scatter propagation I
could not break initial pileups or raise enough attention.
40 was better and 80 was best with respect to rate and fun.

Time       QSO#   QSOs/15 min   Comment
1600-1614  13      13           typical slow start on 20
1615-1629  29      16
1639-1644  41      12
1645-1700  51      10
1700-1714  63      12
1715-1729  73      10
1739-1744  85      12
1745-1800 105      20           starting 40 meters now
1800-1814 118      13
1815-1829 134      16
1839-1844 143       9
1845-1900 154      11
1900-1914 176      22           starting 80 meters now
1915-1929 197      21
1939-1944 215      18
1945-2000 227      12

Not sure if staying on 20 so long is a good strategy with the
start at 1600 because short distances but results will tell.
Congrats to RW3FO and ES1A who kept their QSO advantage until the
end, while I think I caught up with all others I that were ahead
of me on 20 and 40.

Nice to catch N6SS/NH0 and A45WD on 20 and 40. The US participation
(N4AF, N2NC, KA9FOX, NP2L, W8UE, K3JA and N8BJQ) was highly
appreciated.

And what a nice surprise to hear Dan, LY1DS back on the air!

I don't appreciate the Sprint to end so late at night because I miss
my usual after-the-Sprint dinner in the local pizza restaurant.

CU next weekend - although I am never serious on SSB!