[3830] NCCC Sprint(4-21) N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Apr 21 01:31:15 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (4-21)

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      4
   40:  21     13
   20:  13      8
-------------------
Total:  42     25  Total Score = 1,050

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you,  all participants in this inagural week of our 2006 NCCC Thursday
Sprint Ladder competition. One down, 11 to go. Now . . please tell your friends
and coerce them into joining us!

Likewise, thanks, Bruce for this super score submittal form, and for having it
ready in a timely manner.

All bands were great on the left coast, but it was difficult to work anything
past the Western states on 80. Especially pleased to work WA1Z on 20m and to
hear great sigs on 20 and 40 from K3STX.  Number of Q's tied my max from last
year.

The 2005 division winners N3BB and K4BAI should be back next week; Jim may have
been on from CT, mobile, but we didn't hear him; hope Jim's XYL was doing the
driving.

With rain finally stopped for awhile in the SF area it seemed like the time to
make a few routine wire antenna repairs, and of course a couple mods. A true
competitor can never resist a few last minute improvements.  At 1400, the
sickening snap at the top of one of the redwoods was followed by the upper 10
feet of my 40/20 m antenna mast slowly descending through the tree and of course
the antenna itself accompanying it to the roof.  So went running for two hours
in the hills.  While out there on the trail a plan came to mind.  By 1830 both
the 80 and 20/40 meter antennas were airborne again with the 20m DE Zepp
actually higher than it had been previously.  The plan had been to attempt SO2R
for the first time tonight.  That didn't happen, but did have 80m on the 2nd
rig.

Please give us your feedback on the contest, and share any ideas you have for
getting increased participation.  We'll be working on S/W mods very shortly, so
please be patient. In the mean time, if you have a system for using WL, CT or
N1MM (or something else) let W0YK know (w0yk at msn.com).  Sorry for the tedium of
score calculation in you're not a TR-Log user; it should be brief.

73 Bill N6ZFO
Contest Director, NCCC Thursday Sprint Ladder
n6zfo at arrl.net