[3830] CQWW CW GU4YOX SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 2 10:13:15 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GU4YOX
Operator(s): GU4YOX
Station: GU4YOX

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Guernsey, C.I.

  160: 1358    20       83
Total: 1358    20       83  Total Score = 214,200

A really enjoyable weekend here in Guernsey. Sometimes the Pile Ups were BIG!
The first night saw 200+ US in the log and I felt this was going to be a big
year. Indeed it was, with scores up generally. I was surprised when Steve,
VK6VZ called me at greyline - great for Z29. Also some new AF countries worked
but didn't get on very well with South America or the Carib. This is where I
could have done better I think. But on the whole, great fun and thanks for
everyone who worked me. Apologies for those I couldn't pull through....

FT1K with VL 1K Amp. Inverted L at 60' for the first two nights and then 85'
for the last session. Gale force winds here prevented me from the extra height
needed in the first 30 hours. Beverages and Loop for Rx'ing

See you all next time,

73

Bob
GU4YOX