[3830] CQWW CW TM4Q(@F6FYA) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 2 10:40:04 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TM4Q
Operator(s): F6FYA F6IIT F5CQ F5CWU F5OGL F5MYK
Station: F6FYA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Tours

  160:  180    13       62
   80:  755    26       97
   40: 1465    32      118
   20:  955    36      120
   15:  928    32      118
   10:   55    20       53

Forecast condx were terrible first night. Due to heavy wind we coul'nt turn the
3 elt 40 m yagi. We lost time to repair this antenna on saturday morning, then
we lost the XP 807 and repaired it. Both had connections failures due to the
windy time. Then everythings was under control except propagation on the upper
bands!

The team was great and we had a lot of fun during the contest. Probably, TM4Q
is the only team, all over the world, to eat stew deer and jugged hare for
diner ! For sure we have lost some points ! I really thanks F5MYK who spent 6
months onboard large boat and left P.R.C. 15 days before contest time and push
hard boat's engines to be on time at the station !

We allready planed some ideas for next year and we should be back, more
stronger. But even it remains a hard job to be in the european top ten we
expect to do it. But nobody knows when !

Thanks to all of you for points.
TM4Q Team.

We worked with :

3 FT 1000 MP MV, 1 TS 850,
1 Commnder HF 2500E, 2 OM 2500, 1 SB 220,
XP 807 (14-21-28) up 20 m,
3 EL KLM 40 M up 23 m,
1 KT 34 up 15 m,
Sloppers and dipoles on 80,
Shunt feed on top band,
R5 GP,
K9AY and Beverages as receiving ant. Software was WINTEST.