[3830] ARRL 160 KH6/KU1CW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 4 03:54:20 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KH6/KU1CW
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: KH6/KU1CW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Maui
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 55  Sections = 32  Countries = 3  Total Score = 4,375

Well, looks like plan worked this time.
 I have started contest back in Missouri as KU1CW and after 10 hours/950 QSO's
into it-packed up, jumped on the plane and chased the sun on my way to
Maui(KH6).
 Unpacked, hooked everything together, under cover of darkness hanged 130FT of
wire on the palm tree and went into contest, second day of it as KH6/KU1CW.
 95% of the people I've called did not hear me and the rest was slightly
confused.
 Contest is over now and hotel security noticed antenna (hazard), so there are
no antenna and I'm ready to work and have some fun (Golf), when I can.

 Some notes: AC6DD was the best TX/RX from US West W4AN(W8JI) is the best from
anywhere with W4MYA right behind. WS4Y and K9CT were the best TX/RX from the
Midwest. A lot of 'Big Guns' are quite unbalanced in link budgeting-I had them
59+ and have tried to connect for 15-20min with no luck at all...
 Had a surprising KH8Q QSO-and have heard him few times after, hope to work him
from MO later.
 Thanks everyone and 73.
 Alex KH6/KU1CW (for a week...)