[3830] CQWW CW CN2WW(F6IRF) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 4 05:09:28 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CN2WW
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: CN2WW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Dar Bouazza

   20: 3445    39      135

Rig: IC735+PA (750W)
Ant: 3el SteppIR @30m + 3el Spiderbeam @24m
Msc: N1MM-logger, Microkeyer, Stackmatch, F6IRF-phasing box
True non-assisted entry !

Conditions not very good on saturday; band closed to states before 20:00Z.
Improved on Sunday with the band remaining open after 22:00Z, but all counted I
am missing quite a few hours of traffic compaired to AF stations located further
south. Condx to JA were hard with very short window and weak signals, but
Long-Path worked quite OK on sunday morning.
Except the condx, everything worked close to the perfection (except a
thunderstorm during the first night - but the band was nearly dead!). As
expected the 2 antennas setup together with the bi-directionnal feature of the
SteppIR gave me a real boost when the band was open...

Thanks to Mohamed CN8PA and cSaid CN8WW for their assistance in the
installation/desinstallation of the antennas and to my old friend Denis for the
fun we had along those 2 weeks and this long trip by sea...

See you soon again from Morroco !
Patrick

Pictures, sound-clips and more details on the expedition, soon on
http://cn2ww.blogspot.com/