[3830] ARRL 160 N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 6 22:37:31 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 213  Sections = 39  Countries = 1  Total Score = 17,160

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had a fun time Friday night, working a lot of stations.  Saturday night
 I had a tough time finding new stations to work.  Either propagation was
 masking them or there just wasn't a lot of new blood Saturday night.
 My new top-wire-loaded vertical seems to have worked well, and my 40m
 dipole was a surprise performer on receive.  Actually quieter than my two
 receiving loops.  I put a 4:1 balun on the balanced feeder, then a 160m
 bandpass filter and a preamp.  Great receiving antenna, apparently.  I'll
 use it again in the CQ 160.
 Thanks to all for your patience in digging out my QRP signal.
 I'll be looking for you all on 10m this coming weekend.
 73, Bob N6WG
 The Little Station with Attitude