[3830] ARRL 10 NN3W(@N3HBX) SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 21:13:43 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MD

   CW:  554    72
  SSB:  596    76
-------------------
Total: 1150   148  Total Score = 504,384

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As always, thanks to N3HBX for letting me use the Poolesville station.  Only one
casualty this time - a fuse in the antenna control box for tower one.  Quickly
replaced it and I was off and running.

Was not really motivated for this one.  Questioned myself several times as to
why I was operating this one - especially after an eventful firm holiday party
the night before.

Anyhow, I don't get it.  In every major DX contest that I operated in during
2006, there was always a EU opening.  ARRL DX CW - check.  ARRL DX SSB - check.
 WAE CW - check.  WAE SSB - check.   CQWW Phone - Check.  ARRL 10 - nope.  Not
one.   EA8 was as far as I got.

Amazing runs on CW and Phone at time.  Had periods when I was doing 6 Qs a
minute.  Then I had times where I worked one QSO in 6 minutes....At times I
think I worked every ham in Kansas, Wisconsin and Arizona.  Nice E skip
openings and a couple meteor contacts.  Nice being called out of the blue by
KH8Q and the VP9.

Oh well, here's to 2007, and 2008, and 2009....