[3830] ARRL 10 K7BG SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 10 21:14:41 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Montana

   CW:  560    67
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  560    67  Total Score = 150,080

Missed the good openings at the very start cuz I was at a basketball tournament.
The band was still open though when I got home and the first QSO went in the log
at 0320 and I worked about 90 contacts Friday night as the E cloud drifted
around. I didn't plan on operating this too seriously, but it seems like I was
around most of the time the band was open except for an hour here and there.

Saturday saw some rate for an hour or so:

The best 60 minute rate was 114/hour from 1719 to 1818
The best 30 minute rate was 142/hour from 1726 to 1755
The best 10 minute rate was 180/hour from 1732 to 1741

then I left for the rest of the basketball tournament at about 2130 Saturday.
Sounds like I didn't miss too much.

Worked 44 states missing AK, KH6, VT, AR, KY, and ND. Missed VE6, VE4 and other
Canadian mults. Worked 17 DX mults.

This contest is fun even at this point in the cycle. It's always fun to watch
the band move around and see what E openings will occur.

Thanks for another one,

Matt--K7BG