[3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 13:48:22 EST 2006

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 90  Total Score = 796

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I thought this run might turn out pretty good, despite having to use a
jury rig TX antenna.  My 50 ft vertical came down in a big windstorm here
last week.  At least my receiving antennas are still intact.  At the end of the
first hour in the morning I had 27 Qs, 4 more than my previous best at this
hour.
Restarted in the evening around 0130Z but could never get good traction.
By 0700Z I was well behind my pace from last year, and had worked every
station I could copy.  Took a couple of shots at KP2/WB9Z but he was just
too weak.  No other Carib stations heard.  No KH6 or KL7 heard, and I always
work at least 1 KH6 in the 160 contests.  Conditions just seemed pretty anemic
this year.  Bummer.  My best DX was W4AN at approximately 3443 km.  So, at
0700Z I decided a rate of 2 QSOS/hour just wasn't holding my interest and
pulled the plug.
I hope to do better in the CQ160.  Let's hope for big participation and much
better conditions.
Thanks for the Qs and see you all in the contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude