[3830] NA Sprint CW K4XU HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 12:14:30 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 3:55

   80:  113    1:27
   40:   99    1:29
   20:   84     :59
---------------------

Team:

Comments:

20m seemed to be dead and the 3Y0 pile tooka up quite a bit. Similar band space
contention on 40m but made much worse by the RTTY stations operating well below
7030. The storm in the northeast must have kept a whole munch of folks off the
air I worked more east coasters on 80 than 20. 80 was wonderfully quiet.
Both my other Omnis are sick (the cobbler's kids have no shoes) so I did max
effort on two band changes - no SO2R. For the rest of the contest I was
constantly aware of all the time wasted on waiting for my exchange or CQ to
finish.
I also discovered that coffee, Sprint and BPH do not mix. Hence 5 minutes
lost.
Not my best effort but still the very best way to spend a Saturday evening.
73, Dick - k4xu