[3830] ARRLDX CW N8BJQ SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:07:02 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH

Total: 1342   333  Total Score = 1,339,659

Condx better than expected.  Good low bands on Friday night and great 15M on
Sunday.  Missed much of Saturday with a head cold and an unscheduled 3 hour
power outage.  Local power company fixed my power line noise last week before
the RTTY contest and said they would be back to change the power pole at a later
date (it was broken from a windstorm in the fall).  Looked out the window at
8:00AM Saturday and there were 4 bucket trucks out front and they were well on
the way to changing out the pole.  They never told us they were killing the
power - just shut it off in the middle of a nice EU run on 15.  Came back on a
couple hours later and I started up again and as soon as I found a good freq,
they killed it again.  Sure got chilly with no heat.  At least the line noise is
gone.  Worked 2 new ones on 160 - nice to work the 3Y on 40 Saturday night. Some
interesting calls from EU.