[3830] ARRLDX CW N6WG SOAB QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 22:39:06 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:    1     1
   80:    4     3
   10:   14     7
-------------------
Total:  214    98  Total Score = 62,622

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It seemed to me that propagation was down a lot from last year,
and there seemed to be fewer DX participants.  Thank goodness
for the JAs to put some volume Qs in the log.

I wound up with 214 Qs, down 9%, and 98 Mults, down 7%, from
last year, and my score was 62,622, down 15% from last year.  Given
the lower propagation and apparent participation, I feel comfortable
with these numbers.  I had fun anyway, and that's the whole reason
for playing.

I had more Qs and mults on 80, 40 and 20m this year, but fewer on
160 and 15m.  On 10m I had exactly the same Qs and mults as last year.
Both years I averaged 2.2 Qs per mult, whatever that signifies :-)

I was happy to add 6W Senegal to my Countries Worked list.  It is
growing slowly, and fun to watch.  Once I figure out where R1ANF goes,
I'll add him to the list also.

My thanks to the stations who patiently struggled thruough multiple
repeats until they got my call right.

I had a fun time in spite of conditions.  Guess my next big contest
will be WPX in May.  What a long wait that will seem.
Thanks to all for the Qs.  See you in the contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude