[3830] ARRLDX CW N7WA M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 22:40:05 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N0AX, N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:    1     1
   10:    7     4
-------------------
Total:  809   235  Total Score = 566,115

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was my first ARRL DX and my first multi-band
DX contest in many years. (I seem to have slipped into
single band status lately when I do enter a DX test.)
I didn't know much of what to expect except dread
for the low part of the solar cycle. Thankfully,
Ward/N0AX came over to make it a Multi-Single, else
I probably would have had to bag it this year as well.

Even though it was mostly a S&P event here from the
true Black Hole, Sunday was pleasant surprise with
20M crowded with Europeans all the way up past 14120
so even search and pounce was fun. It was hard to
ignore all those distracting packet alerts
coming in from further south on the West Coast for 15M
while working 20M. However, I knew better and kept my
nose on 20M until 15M finally consented to open a little
bit for us in the Pacific NW. (By then, the distracting
packet alerts were for 10M which barely gave a peep locally.)

For something different, during a slow period on 20M
Saturday night, I actually got a chance to dip my nets
for the 3Y0X and pulled it out (though not for contest
credit :>).

Are US and VE stations valid multipliers? Doesn't
seem so according to the rules. However, why else were
US and VE stations calling and working me? If so, I guess
I missed some mults there.

Lots of fun. Thanks Ward, for coming over.

73
dink, n7wa