[3830] ARRLDX CW K4EU(@NR4M) SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 21:31:05 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4EU
Operator(s): K4EU
Station: NR4M

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: VA

   20: 1693   110
Total: 1693   110  Total Score = 558,360

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Tec OMNI-6+/Titan
Antennas: 2-stack OWA yagis @ 40' and 80' fixed on EU
          2-stack OWA yagis @ 120' and 160' rotatable
          (all on a single 160' tower)

QTH: NR4M's new and improved future M/M station.

It was a great pleasure to test drive Steve/NR4M's new OWA stacks on 20m.  The
antennas do a superb job.  The QTH in rural Orange County, VA is very quite with
almost nil QRN.

Had lots of fun and thought conditions on 20m were very good.  Lots of big
signals and many loud 100w and QRP'ers were on the band all weekend.  It's
thrilling to have DX call in with good solid signals that I'd have little chance
of hearing, much less working, from my QTH, such as HS, 9V1, 9M6, 9M2, VU, FK8,
T68G and lots of others.

Thanks to everyone for all the Q's.  And, a big 'thank you' to Steve/NR4M for
his hospitality and for the use of his station.  Special thanks to the cat for
giving up his heated mat so I could keep my feet toasty warm!!!

73....//Steve K4EU