[3830] ARRLDX CW KB0VVT SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 25 01:15:32 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0VVT
Operator(s): KB0VVT
Station: KB0VVT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MO

Total:  42     34  Total Score = 4,284

I made a few contacts on Friday night at home using my own call.  I was busy on
Saturday afternoon participating in a high school Academic team competition held
in Liberty, Missouri.  After the competition, my parents and I headed down to
Harrison, Arkansas.  On Sunday, I made a bunch of contacts as one of the CW
operators at the big K5GO station located about 2000 feet above sea level on top
of Gaither Mountain that overlooks Harrison, Arkansas.  It was great fun to work
with Stan K5GO, his son Kevin N5DX, and the rest of the operators.  I spent most
of my time operating on 20 meters.  The only negative experience was the ride
home in the snow, freezing rain, and 12 degrees Fahrenheit outside
temperature.

If you are interested, the following link gives a soapbox of our recent ARRL DX
CW contest experience:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox/index.html?con_id=103&call=K5Go

The photographs will become larger if you click on them using the mouse.  Also,
check out some of the links located in the captions of the photographs.

Please consider adding your own photographs and soapbox to the ARRL web page.
It does not cost anything and it is not very difficult to do.

I am looking forward to much warmer weather for the ARRL DX Phone contest.  I
will be operating as a member of the PJ2T team!!!  If you hear a female voice on
during the contest, there is a good chance that it will be me.

PJ2/KB0VVT will be active on phone and mostly CW on Thursday and maybe some of
Friday before the beginning of the contest.

Please see the following 3830 posting made by Stan K5GO for more information:

http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/2006-02/msg01107.html

http://www.qrz.com/kb0vvt

73,
Rebecca KB0VVT