[3830] NAQP CW W8EDU M/2 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 16 01:12:56 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W8EDU
Operator(s): AF8A, W8WTS
Station: W8EDU

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Cleveland, OH

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  988   157  Total Score = 155,116

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Mad River Radio Club members Gary, AF8A and Jim, W8WTS operated W8EDU (Case
Amateur Radio Cub, at Case Western Reserve University) multi-two in CW NAQP.

We arrived at the shack about 1:15 before the contest, needing to set up one
station and network the laptops (Writleog).  One laptop refused to digest its
Ethernet connection, hence the late start, and loss of 30 minutes on time.

We started on 15m & 20m (nothing heard on 10).  AF8A stayed on 20m for the first
five or so hours, minus a break for a sub sandwich.  W8WTS worked 15 for a few
hours at most, then switched to 40m.  Jim pretty much owned 7026.7 until late in
the evening, while AF8A moved from 20 to 80.  Once 40 slowed down, Jim did some
160, and then we did a fair amount of band changing (as the 10 minute rule would
allow).

Our goal was to break 1,000 Qs, and we came close, just a little short, thanks
to the wonders of TCP/IP connections (we never did find a problem with our setup
-- as so often occurs, two reboots and BAM! -- unexplainedly, we had
connectivity).

Bottom line, we had fun, working a lot of regulars from Mad River, and hearing a
lot of familiar calls from the MiQP, OQP and other state QSO parties.

Most unusual QSO?  TA4SD answering our CQs on 40m and 80.  Points are points,
not to be refused.

- Comments by AF8A.