[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W4WA Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 24 18:56:20 EST 2006

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W4WA
Operator(s): W4WA
Station: W4WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM84

  1.2:   17    14
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  364   156  Total Score = 79,872

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

All contacts were made the old fashion way, without using WSJT. We had rain off
and on all weekend but the power lines were quiet. I had the power company guys
out working on the lines before the contest to get the noise down. The rain sure
help to make the bands quiet but tropo condition seem to vary between poor to
good. I am already looking forward to spring and planning to work on the
antennas. Thanks to all those that gave me a contact.