[3830] CQ160 CW K5BG Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 22:23:03 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5BG
Operator(s): K5BG
Station: K5BG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX

Total:  QSOs = 1065  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 47  Total Score = 362,944

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions finally improved from here in Texas.
More than double any previous score for this contest.
Worked F5IN 45 min before sunset here on Sunday evening. Amazing!
Thanks to all the EU stations in the log and I am sorry to the ones I could not
pull out. Not many JA but I see they were there and we had no propagation.
Only JA's worked were just at their sunset from here.
Missed NWT, YT and NU.
Missed several mults that I have heard were on the band. 7X, ZC4, CO, and VK.
Still lots of fun. Slept for 4 hours on Friday night which was probably a
mistake. Might have made 400k. Oh well maybe next time.

Rig: FT1000D with roof filter / declicked
Amp: Ameritron AL1200
Ant: Coaxial invt. L with 50 1/4 wave radial
RX: 3 beverage @880' SW,NW,NE and 3 beverage @600' N, E, S

Thanks to all for the QSO's. Hope to CU again soon.
73,
Bob Gill, K5BG
Weatherford, TX USA