[3830] CQWW VHF AD1C SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 17 11:44:49 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: FN42ho

Total:  141    81  Total Score = 11,421

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Radio:   IC-756 Pro-III 100W
Antenna: G5RV (102 feet) up about 35 feet (10 meters)

I have never operated in this contest before.  I spent Saturday in the NAQP
RTTY contest and shut down about 10 p.m.  Switched to 6 meters and could not
believe all the activity!  In 8 seasons, I have never heard the band so good.

It was great to have guys in DM65 and DM33 answer my CQs.  I only worked one
station in CO, one in TX, nothing in 6-land, nor any northern W7s.  At times
K2DRH in IL was pinning the needle!  Lots of short skip too from PA, MD and
VA.

A Diamond 4-element beam that W1JR gave me sat in pieces on the ground all
weekend.  I had spent Friday night getting my 15 meter delta loop repaired for
the RTTY contest.  I might have made the wrong choice :-)

73 - Jim AD1C